Service + Technology
How does Rhythm remote monitoring enhance care?
Rhythm understands what clinicians and their staff need from their remotely monitored data, and with our advanced systems, you get that valuable data to accelerate risk identification so you can provide more timely care.
How does Rhythm improve operational workflows?
Our 10 years of clinical experience means we’ve created a remote monitoring solution that centralizes and streamlines your practice’s operational workflows. Our platform combined with our dedicated service team creates efficiencies by taking on the management of the remote monitoring admin and triage to ease the burden on your staff.
Do the Remote Physiologic Monitoring (RPM) and Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) solutions both automatically include the RhythmSynergy technology platform?
Yes, both solutions include access to their respective RhythmSynergy application, as the technology platform is a fundamental aspect of Rhythm’s effective remote monitoring solutions.
Is the RhythmSynergy platform accessible on mobile devices?
Yes, RhythmSynergy is optimized for both mobile devices and desktop computers. We also offer bi-directional integration with current systems you already have in place.
RPM vs. CRM
What is RPM?
Rhythm Remote Physiologic Monitoring (RPM) helps you manage the health of your high-risk patients between visits so you can intervene earlier and improve outcomes.
What is CRM?
Our Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) solution makes it easy to optimize your device clinic and fully realize your revenue. Learn More
What’s the difference between RPM and CRM?
RPM stands for remote physiological monitoring and CRM stands for cardiac rhythm management. Rhythm’s RPM solution provides service and technology for health tech devices like blood pressure monitors, connected scales, etc. Our CRM solution provides service and technology for monitoring implantable cardiac rhythm devices like pacemakers. Many practices and health systems choose to implement both RPM and CRM. For those organizations, the RhythmSynergy platform supports both of those clinical programs.
What types of reimbursement is remote physiologic monitoring eligible for?
In 2020, CMS added new CPT codes for remote physiologic monitoring, and in 2021, it expanded reimbursement to include monitoring for patients with both acute and chronic conditions. Many commercial payers made similar changes, and several states added remote monitoring to their telehealth parity laws. The most common RPM codes are CPT 99454, 99457, and 99458. Rhythm can help your organization determine how to bill for RPM based on payer, region, and CPT code.
What types of reimbursement is Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) eligible for?
While rules vary by payer and region, providers can typically bill for:
- Pacemakers (code 93294): Three remote transmissions (every 105 days) and one in-office visit per year
- Defibrillators (code 93295): Four remote transmissions (every 91 days) and one in-office visit per year
- Bi-V pacemaker or defibrillator or Implantable Loop Recorder (code 93297): 31 days
The right remote management partner can help practices and health systems optimize reimbursement opportunities and ensure compliance with scheduling rules.
How does Rhythm secure my practice’s patient data?
As a covered entity, Rhythm Management Group cares about your patients’ privacy and security as much as you do. That’s why we use state-of-the-art measures to ensure that our RhythmSynergy platform is as secure as possible.
- AWS environment. RhythmSynergy is built in the industry-leading secure and stable AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud environment. AWS’ servers are monitored 24/7 and strictly maintained.
- Secure socket layer. Rhythm secures patient data in transit through secure socket layer (SSL) technology, a standard for encrypting the link between a web server and data servers.
- Encryption. Rhythm uses the AWS Key Management Service (KMS) to secure access to a practice’s data at rest.
- Point-to-point communication. All communication and transmission of data within the AWS environment is done point-to-point, so no other systems can access the information.
- PHI is not downloadable. RhythmSynergy prevents users from being able to download or export a patient list. Plus, there are no patient lists available that could expose a consolidated set of personal health and identifying information.
- Business associate agreement. Rhythm executes a business associate agreement with each client that outlines all parties’ responsibility for protecting PHI.
How does Rhythm manage who accesses RhythmSynergy?
Rhythm uses a technology called Okta, a market-leading authentication and authorization tool, to set and manage permissions for practice-approved users and the Rhythm team. Multi-factor user authentication is also available.
How does Rhythm manage the ways its employees access our practice’s data?
Rhythm’s account service representatives must use Okta for access, too. We mandate multi-factor authentication for our internal users. We also limit and closely manage the number of internal users per account. Plus, we can also audit any user logins and turn off access at any point.
How can our practice provide patient information to Rhythm securely?
There are two ways for a practice to send Rhythm patient data. The first option is to upload a file to Rhythm’s secure file drop location. The second is to send it to Rhythm via its encrypted email system.
Improve patient outcomes.
Reduce the burden on your staff.
Rhythm is a proven leader in remote monitoring with a track record of delivering innovative technology and unmatched service.
See what Rhythm can do for you.