We recently debuted RhythmSynergy, our updated technology platform that makes it easier and faster for clinicians to review and act on the insights gained from remote monitoring programs. The platform, designed by clinicians for clinicians, was developed with direct feedback and input from our hospital and health system partners.
Continue reading to learn how our updated platform combines artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep healthcare expertise to solve seven common remote monitoring challenges.
Many clinicians said it can be difficult and time-consuming to navigate traditional remote monitoring platforms—particularly when they are attempting to quickly obtain data that is specific to their productivity and their patients. To solve this, RhythmSynergy includes a physician-specific homepage that displays key insights such as:
• Connectivity percentage for all patients and the number of devices monitored
• Productivity and revenue information, including billable encounters, procedures completed, and estimated revenue forecast
Clinicians receive new data and transmissions from their remotely monitored patients constantly. Many told us it’s difficult to sift through this data to identify which patients need immediate care. RhythmSynergy makes it easier by enabling physicians to filter transmission reports by:
• Transmissions that require urgent reviews
• Transmissions that require non-urgent reviews
• Transmissions that require signatures
Many clinicians said cumbersome alert review processes make it challenging to quickly identify the affected patient’s problem and treat the patient quickly. RhythmSynergy solves this by providing an easily scannable alert report that includes:
• Alert type and event type
• Event interpretation from a trained device clinician
• Patient demographics, device history, and professional billing code
• Device details, including battery-life and connectivity information
The alert report also includes a preview of the affected patient’s transmission strip with several viewing options—including the whole strip, the vendor report, or a cropped strip showing only the problematic episode.
When reviewing alert reports, the patient’s medical history and alert history should be easily accessible to clinicians. Unfortunately, many clinicians shared that it can be difficult to track down this information in traditional remote monitoring platforms. To address this challenge, RhythmSynergy provides clinicians with the opportunity to view a comprehensive patient profile within the alert report. This profile includes:
• The patient’s alert history (an animated visual summary that includes past transmissions)
• The patient’s previous encounters and upcoming visits
• Insurance and professional billing codes
• Notes, problem lists, medications, medical history, and risk factors (if EMR integration is enabled)
Many clinicians told us that once they finish reviewing an alert report, it can be difficult to quickly loop in the broader care team and define next steps for the patient. RhythmSynergy solves this by providing:
• A sign-off button within the report, including the opportunity to identify next steps for care, such as: “Schedule the patient immediately for the next available appointment”
• A chat function to interact with other team members
Many clinicians said collecting and analyzing population-level data is difficult, particularly when they lack tools to curate reports and patient data. RhythmSynergy addresses this challenge with an analytics dashboard that displays population-level data related to transmission reports, activity percentage, and total devices monitored. Clinicians can also use the dashboard to:
• Filter by report type, including review status, priority, risk stratification, and billability
• View multiple patients at once, including the ability to “hover” over patient names so that more detailed patient information is displayed without having to click into the patient’s profile
The clinical portal is crucial to ensuring high-quality care for patients, but clinicians also need easy access to an operations portal that provides administrative-level information about the remote monitoring program. RhythmSynergy enables clinicians to easily toggle between the clinical and operations portal. In the operations portal, they can:
• Verify patient demographics and insurance information
• View connectivity status for all patients
• Update clinician notification preferences
• View all locations associated with the Rhythm account (i.e., total patients at each location)
• Check device site integrations, EMR integration, and billing rules
If you’d like to learn more about how RhythmSynergy can help your practice or health system, contact us at (888) 948-7884. We’d love to tell you more about how the platform was built with your needs in mind.